Skip to content
Advertisements

dyld: Library not loaded: Python.framework

I started getting this error after trying to install macvim as follows:

brew install macvim --override-system-vim

The error string is as following:

$ vi linkedlist.cc
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/python/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/Python
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/vim
  Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6

I checked shared libs for vim using otool.

$ otool -L /usr/local/bin/vim
/usr/local/bin/vim:
	/usr/lib/libncurses.5.4.dylib (compatibility version 5.4.0, current version 5.4.0)
	/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit (compatibility version 45.0.0, current version 1561.40.112)
	/usr/local/opt/lua/lib/liblua.5.3.dylib (compatibility version 5.3.0, current version 5.3.4)
	/usr/local/opt/perl/lib/perl5/5.26.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE/libperl.dylib (compatibility version 5.26.0, current version 5.26.1)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1252.50.4)
	/usr/lib/libutil.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/usr/local/opt/python/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/Python (compatibility version 3.6.0, current version 3.6.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation (compatibility version 150.0.0, current version 1452.23.0)
	/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib/libruby.2.5.dylib (compatibility version 2.5.0, current version 2.5.1)
	/usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 228.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 822.31.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation (compatibility version 300.0.0, current version 1452.23.0)

It appears that many shared libs versions are updated incorrectly.

To solve the problem, I tried to upgrade packages.

$ brew update
Already up-to-date.

$ brew upgrade

It started working after doing upgrades.

Written with StackEdit.

Categories

development

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: