What I learned in WebRTC
- It’s a peer to peer communication protocol to transfer media, text, and data.
- It does need a server for the control path that includes device discovery and agreement. The process is called signaling.
- The signaling server is free of any protocol and just needs to make two or more WebRTC clients share data.
- WebRTC is available on all popular browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari & Brave).
- It’s very efficient because there is no server involved in data transfer.
How to Build a Video Conferencing Solution
It requires a host (cloud or physical) for WebRTC clients, ICE & signaling server. A very production like implementation is https://github.com/webrtc/apprtc.
Written with StackEdit.